How to use a Moka Pot
The Moka Pot is a both simple and elegant solution to make espresso without needing all the fancy equipment of the local coffee shop. It has three major pieces: the boiler, the filter basket, and the spout. Trust us, if you can fuel up your ride, you can handle the Moka Pot.
How to Make Tasty Espresso
- Use finely ground coffee, like one you would for espresso, about 10 grams for a 3 cup Moka Pot
- Boil water (See, you got this)
- Pour boiled water into the boiler of the Moka Pot
- Place the filter basket on the boiler
- Fill the basket up with grounds
- Take the spout and screw it on, IT’S HOT, so use a towel to hold the pieces
- Place the pot on the stovetop (or fire) and boil it
- Once your hear the gurgle of the water shooting out the spout, the espresso is ready
- Pour, drink, and enjoy
There is really no need to moka big deal about using a Moka Pot and we hope our 9 steps give you the needed confidence. When done correctly, the coffee will have a rich, heavy-bodied taste which is more flavorful than a standard drip brew. Drink it on its own or mixed with other liquids make other drinks; hot water for an Americano; Steamed milk for a Cappuccino. Cheers.
Leave a comment